Senior Associate Solicitor
Debra moved to the firm in September 2020 from another local firm. Having qualified in 2008 she built up a reputation of putting her clients’ interests at the heart of how she works. She understands how moving can be stressful and aims to burden that stress for her clients. When she moved here many of her regular clients followed and she has built up a further loyal client base. Before qualifying Debra worked as a Bond Trader in the city which enables her to understand the commercial complexities of a transaction and uses this knowledge in ensuring the best possible outcome for both her commercial and residential clients.
Debra tries to treat each client as if they were her only client.
Debra particular areas of specialisms are
• Conveyancing: Sales, Purchases, Remortgages, Transfer of Equity, Help to Buy, Right to Buy, New Build, Variation of Leases, Equity Release, Auctions;
• Adverse possession claims;
• Leasehold Enfranchisement claims: Statutory freehold purchases, Enfranchisement of Houses, Right to Manage, Statutory Lease Extensions, Absent Landlord Lease Extensions, Right to First Refusal, Bona Vacantia and Escheat;
• Commercial sale and purchases, Grants and assignments of leases.
Recent highlights include
• Getting all the clients that needed to compete before the stamp duty deadlines completed.
• Acting for the developer on the grant of leases of a 45 unit building with a mixture of normal leases. Shared ownership and Help To Buy transactions.
• Acting for a commercial client in the management of an estate which made up a 1/3 of a small town, including outright sales, grants of leases and assignments.
• Obtaining possessory title and later upgrading the title to absolute.
• Successful enfranchisement claims acting for the landlord.
• Acting for 23 units in extending their leases with a complicated title.
• Acting for a freeholder in the Right of First Refusal for a block of over 40 units.
Contact Debra: firstname.lastname@example.org< back next >