- Paul has over 30 years of commercial property experience at leading London law firms. He has advised national housebuilders, local authorities, and housing associations on a variety of projects such as Regeneration, Consortium and Heritage Development.
- Paul is a specialist property lawyer and advisor, whose wide mix of clients include businesses, banks and financial institutions, developers of all sizes as well as individuals.
- With his business acumen and knowledge of property, Paul is sought after by a variety of clients, including property investors who wish to add to their portfolio.
- He has expertise in complex and intricate areas of real estate such as easements & rights of way and restrictive covenants.
- Advising developers looking to acquire sites for further potential planning gain and dealing with the grant of options, where planning permission has been obtained.
- Advising landowners looking to increase the value of their property e.g., overage agreements.
- Airspace lease development
- The acquisition, disposal and other investment and management work for commercial premises including retail, office, and industrial premises leases.
- Handling licensing applications for restaurants, public houses, hotels, and health clubs.
- Lease renewals under the 1954 Act, rent reviews and break notices.
- Advising on Dilapidations.
- Undertaking property and development finance and secured lending work, advising lenders wishing to secure loans against property.
- Acting for football clubs on football foundation funding and Grants.
Residential Property and Enfranchisement
- Paul is experienced in conveyancing and auctions, residential statutory lease extensions, collective enfranchisement, service charges and right to manage.
Charities/ Not for Profit Sector/Public Sector
- Acting for a variety of charities including registered providers of social housing, Roman Catholic Church, Church of England charities and other religious organisations, schools and universities including advice on governance and legal structures.
- Advising Public Sector clients on property disposals, service level agreements, procurement, governance, BAME and regulatory issues.
- Negotiating and drafting property and complex commercial contracts for major London regeneration schemes, including the Logistics, Site Assembly, Waste Management and Environmental Contracts for the Olympic Games 2012 Athletes Village in East London.
- Negotiating various sports Commercial Contracts including one between Manchester United and an English vineyard for the “Chateau Eric” red wine.
- Acting for Hackney Council in the landmark case of Structadene Ltd, R v Hackney on powers and duties of local authorities on sale of commercial land.
- Acting for a joint venture between a national house builder, a housing association, and a leading UK university on the provision of postgraduate student accommodation.
- Advising on commercial leases with Costa Coffee café chain.
- Advising on a British headquarters for a major international Insurance Company on the relocation of their headquarters in a landmark building in the City of London.
- Advising local authorities and landowners on Section 106 Agreements and Compulsory Purchase Orders including for example at Chalkhill Estate with Brent Council, Havelock Estate with Ealing Council and South Oxhey Estate with Three Rivers Council.
- Securing an option for a registered provider over adjoining sites in Hertfordshire to provide mixed tenure housing.
- Advising Tesco on numerous mixed use and residential developments.
- Acting for a Lender on the refinancing of a chain of gyms.
- Acquisitions and Sales of luxury residential property up to £30 million pounds.
- Advising Landlords and Tenants on Dilapidations issues up to a value of half a million pounds.
- Advising on Professional Appointments, Collateral warranties and JCT Construction contracts at City Road Basin EC1.
- Advising one of Europe’s leading Global Navigation Satellite System technology companies on their office headquarters at the University of Nottingham.
Paul has written articles and given seminars to clients on Planning Law, including the recent changes to the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order, Section 106 Agreements and Commercial Leases.
Paul has been an external examiner at a UK University Law department and is a mentor to law students at another UK Law Faculty.
Paul was also once ranked 50th in the UK in the men’s 100m.
“I found that when dealing with Paul Dutch, the service is always delivered promptly and courteously, and he pays meticulous attention to detail.”
- Law Society of England and Wales